How to get Mongolian visa?
Visa is required for all, except citizens of the following countries. Visas are available from the Mongolian embassy in your country. If there is no Mongolia embassy in your country, one month visas can be obtained on the spot once you arrive at the airport or railway station. There will also be a visa fee of $53US.
The following materials are required to obtain Mongolian visa:
1. Valid passport
2. One passport sized photo
3.Application form PDF (Visa Application Form) visa_ application_form (1) (Visa Application form for tourist) http://www.mongoliavisa.com/faq.html
4. Either an invitation of the receiving entity (state, government, non-governmental organization, business entity) or an official request of the sending country and the organization.
No need a visa for a visit not exceeding:
1. USA, Kazakhstan –no need a visa for a visit not exceeding three months
2. Malaysia, Israel, Russia, – no need a visa for a visit not exceeding one month
3. Philippines – no need a visa for a visit not exceeding three weeks
4. Singapore – no need a visa for a visit not exceeding two weeks
5. People’s Republic of China, Vietnam, Bulgaria, Thailand, Romania and Chile –who has diplomatic or official passport -no need a visa for a visit
6. Laos, Yugoslavia, Czech, Slovak, Mexico -who has diplomatic or official passport -no need a visa for a visit not exceeding three months
7. Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Turkey and Republic of Korea – who has diplomatic or official passport -no need a visa for a visit not exceeding one month
8. India –needs Mongolian visa without visa fee
9. Hong Kong –no need visa for a visit not exceeding 14 days
10. Cuba –no need a visa for a visit not exceeding one month
Citizens of 42 countries are traveling Mongolia VISA-Free between June 25, 2014 and December 31, 2015
The government of Mongolia at its regular cabinet meeting resolved to allow citizens of 42 countries to enter Mongolia visa-free in the frameworks of Government Action Plan to boost the country`s economy. According to decision, the new regulation is effective from June 25, 2014 until December 31, 2015, where above mentioned citizens can travel Mongolia visa-free up to 30 days with tourist and business purposes.
List of 42 Countries to travel Mongolia visa-free between June 25, 2014 and December 31, 2015:
European Union Countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, FinlandFrance, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg
Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia
Andorra, Gibraltar, Liechtenstein
Monaco, United Kingdom of Great Britain